Hi, we are Appjobs 👋
Founded in 2017, we have helped millions of people find an app or a digital platform to make money. We have become the world's largest community of gig workers along the way. We are a remote-first company (before covid!), and our team members live in 14 countries and counting. This job is an opportunity to join Appjobs hottest team, developing a data-driven product that will change the whole gig-economy landscape!
During our quest to help gig workers, we discovered that these people are tremendously underserved. Applying for insurance or a loan is more often than not a mission impossible scenario. One-size fits all approach is not working for people who are ridesharing, delivering food or groceries, walking dogs, charging scooters, or providing services through freelancing platforms. On the other hand, lenders and insurers lack relevant data about these new job types. Solution? Unveel!
Unveel is the solution for connecting worker payroll accounts with service providers unveiling income and employment data upon worker permission. We provide both real-time and historical data via our SDK. Workers can disconnect their accounts at any time and exercise their GDPR rights.
Who are we looking for?
Unveel is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who will own the development of our flagship API product.
- A product-oriented and creative person
- You will develop and maintain data integrations
- You will contribute to our internal tooling
- Create and improve processes
- Contribute to developing and shaping our key results (yes, we use OKRs!)
- You will develop industry-specific products and solutions
Who are we looking for exactly?
- PHP coding experience
- Knowledge of design patterns, DDD, CQRS
- Experience in the external API sources integration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes a little bit chaotic startup environment
- Previous experience working with API products is a plus
- Previous experience working with OKR system is a plus
- Previous experience working at a startup is a plus
- Based somewhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3
Docker Compose, PHP, Symfony, API Platform, PHP Unit, Mockery, MockServer, GitLab, Heroku, PostgreSQL, AWS, and growing
Experience on the edge of the technology will be a strong plus, which includes AI, reverse engineering, data scrapping, captcha challenges, and others.
What we offer
- Flat hierarchy, you'll have one manager who reports to the CEO directly
- A truly remote-first environment with flexible working hours
- Competitive salary (up to €5000 net/month through B2B)
- Bring your technology (BYOT) policy so you can work on your chosen devices.
- After the probation period
- 30 days paid leave per year
- respecting all bank holidays by the country of residence
- up to 10 days of situational break (e.g., sick leave) per year
- the referral bonus for promoting our job ads
- 20 days of parental leave when a baby arrives
- After the probation period, and on your performance - stock options, so you call participate fully in our success.
- A screening call with Justyna (max 30 minutes)
- A quick take-home task (time depends on you, no deadline)
- A technical call with Senior Developer (max 60 minutes)
- (Optional) calls with your future teammates (15 mins each)
- Final call with Łukasz (max 30 minutes)